Blue Apron Meal Delivery Service
Meal kits: Quick, easy to follow recipes, subscription cookbooks available, kids recipes
Blue Apron meal delivery offers an affordable meal plan for couples or families.
Their two person meal kits contain three recipes and all of the ingredients necessary to create a healthy meal with ease. The Family Plan will feed a family of four and the team of culinary experts build recipes that will work for adults and kids alike.
The menu can be customized.
You choose the plan that fits your needs, their team shops for seasonal produce. While they don’t specifically call out hormone-free meat or using organic produce exclusively, they do have a link to their food suppliers on their website and work with a tortilla maker in New York, a Vermont creamery and a pasta maker in New Jersey.
There is no membership fee and no commitment.
Sample Menu items include:
- Steamed Cod with Pickled Ramps and Yu Choy
- Spring Minestrone with Fresh Fava Beans and Asparagus
- Mushroom and Swiss Burger with Pan-Seared Fingerling Potatoes
- Spring Miso Ramen with English Peas, Pea Shoots and Soft-Boiled Eggs
Blue Apron also has a market that includes cookware, cookbooks, gift sets and more. Here you can stock up on any kitchen supplies or seasoning that you may need, which is convenient since they recommend you have seasoning on hand,
Family Plans Average Just $8.74 Per Meal
Blue Apron’s two-person plan works out to just $9.99 per person while their Family plan is even lower, at just $8.74 per family member.
- The Two-Person plan includes two serving of three meals for the week and costs $59.94
- The Family Plan includes enough for 4 people and can be ordered as four meals per week ($139.84) or two ($69.92)
Delivery days vary based on where you live and are delivered in insulated packaging to keep everything fresh and leak-free.
Blue Apron says they deliver nationwide to most addresses, to confirm they deliver to your location enter in your zip code on their site.